Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Brighter Day?

YES! Literally! After a straight week of clouds, rain, snow, and heavy fog, the sun finally decided to kick it's lazy ass into gear. Unfortunately, I was stuck indoors all day...

...in three hours of conferences about shipping in the Arctic. Yes, it was just as exciting as it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I sincerely appreciated the fact that the school allowed us to attend a $500.00 conference free of charge, but it didn't help the fact that I have absolutely no way of putting the information to use. Oh well, maybe it will make for good small talk with some poor soul.

On the bright side (no pun intended), I got to spend a little bit of time running around outside catching trains and buses from the University to ASCOM, our second destination of the day. The sun put me in a tourist-y mood, so I decided to snap a ton of pictures.



Its amazing how much the sun can make the city so much more beautiful.

ASCOM was a fantastic opportunity to get to know an amazing organization. In fact, I can easily say that this was far and away the best company visit we have had yet. That says a lot, considering the other places we have visited thus far.

After ASCOM, we headed over to the docks for some AMAZING dinner...cooked by us! One of professor Shield's friends generously set us up with the opportunity to cook with some incredible chefs - a four course meal. Just to give a good idea of the caliber of this place, both the Queen and the PM of the country have done the same thing! What a way to end a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment