Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is This What it Feels Like to be a Grown-up?

It sure as hell feels like it! What a busy day...

First off, I thought I remembered what it was like to be a freshman with 8:00am classes. I guess I was wrong, because 8:00 never felt so early!

Today was the first day of our company visit tour here in Gothenburg. The first stop of the day was Auto Adapt. I can honestly, and regrettably, say that of all the organizations on our list to visit, this was the one I was least looking forward to...boy was I wrong. From the moment of our arrival to the time we stepped on the bus to leave, I was nothing short of absolutely impressed by every stretch of the imagination. From the organizational culture, the setup and demeanor of the warehouse and its workers, the beyond-awesome, overtly-educational, strictly-professional presentation (given by the owner and CEO), to the incredible on-the-house lunch given at the end of the session, I was floored. My father has always tried to instill the benefits and merit of owning and running your own business, and I can, with complete confidence, say that if I ever earn myself the opportunity to do so, I hope to be able to put together an organization half as well as the esteemed individuals at Auto Adapt have.

(COOL PICS AND VIDEOS THAT WON'T SEND! THIS INTERNET SUCKS, WILL COME TOMORROW)

Our second stop of the tour was Volvo...talk about the big time.





I felt so privileged to even have been sitting in the building I sitting in, listening to the accomplished business executive teach me about what it means to succeed in the business world. Can I just start my business now? I swear I'm ready!

However, if I learned anything today, it's one single fact: CHINA IS SCARY!
Just ask the fine employees at Volvo.

Lastly, what kind of grown-up would I be if I couldn't throw back a couple of cold ones at the local bar with a few of my colleagues?

(COOL PICS AND VIDEOS THAT WON'T SEND! THIS INTERNET SUCKS, WILL COME TOMORROW)

No comments:

Post a Comment