Monday, January 17, 2011

A Moment of Clarity

It came to me today while visiting the University of Gothenburg.

As I sat in a boardroom on campus overlooking the city, I came to a realization that hit me in a peculiar, albeit awesome, way. Over the last few hours, I had been privileged with the opportunity to hear both presentations and dialog from, with, and between esteemed professors from Korea, Germany, Sweden, and the U.S. Each of these men spoke with great knowledge and experience about marketing, business and everything in between. However, the kicker was that each of them spoke to us in a single, universal language: English. It blew my mind that though there are significant cultural barriers throughout the world, we all come together in a universal manner for the sake of academia and commerce. Its something that I always knew occurred, but on an entirely passive level. To be in the middle of such an exchange was really a special experience.

At the same time, I cannot express how awesome it was to feel as if the experience today was tailor-made to my liking. Due to the fact that I have a great interest in business and marketing, I found myself riveted by the material being presented hour after hour, presentation after presentation. It provided me with a feeling that I have been waiting for since coming to college: assuredness. After three major-changes, I know feel absolutely confident in my decision to pursue this line of work.

I very much look forward to further lecture taking place later this week at the University, and again, feel so privileged to be given the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment